Helis on Golmud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzarektor

May 6, 2020
It gets pretty tough against attack choppers especially if you have no aa keeping it back. Usually if your staying tight to buildings with Armour a chopper will have alot tougher time killing you, especially if they are staying back.

Dodge_Viper

Clan
Dec 28, 2020
Bristol, England
Rzarektor is right, there are places on the map which offer good shielding against incoming attacks even at quite high attack angles. Predator and jSimpson are probably the best tank players I've seen on RC1 at utilizing this strategy as a defense vs AH. Also they are always tucked between buildings or on the opposite side of buildings to enemy AH etc which makes them a lot harder to find in the first place.

As these guys have suggested you should use the cannister or HMG as your secondary as it can be quite effective vs helis. If your playing in a game when the AH is not really focusing on armor you can switch and use guided shells. Kinda gotta adapt your strat a bit depending on who you are playing against.

jsimpson32

Founder MCP
Administrator
Aug 29, 2015
Digital Purgatory
farmersonly.com
Rzarektor is right, there are places on the map which offer good shielding against incoming attacks even at quite high attack angles. Predator and jSimpson are probably the best tank players I've seen on RC1 at utilizing this strategy as a defense vs AH. Also they are always tucked between buildings or on the opposite side of buildings to enemy AH etc which makes them a lot harder to find in the first place.

As these guys have suggested you should use the cannister or HMG as your secondary as it can be quite effective vs helis. If your playing in a game when the AH is not really focusing on armor you can switch and use guided shells. Kinda gotta adapt your strat a bit depending on who you are playing against.

99BDB63B-1A9C-4DE8-9725-3F4863D63326.gif

I’m running canister for first time ever and it’s really shredding the heli and infantry in my tank. Problem is you get a block heads like Animal or Redkilla who blasts through to enemy side of field with tanks and it’s certain death against them. So my defense against them for now is insults in the chat window and shaking my fist in the air.

RedKilla

Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2015
Colorado
battlelog.battlefield.com
Damn right, you hide behind the hills, ill come get you. And you have to know when to do it. I dont play the AA much but when i see cowards hiding in the hills...your ass is mine. And from what I have seen on RC1 recently with the AA sitting clear back by spawn or under the bridge..or even at F..Id say my strategy works just fine.

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Yeah if I see an AH hiding behind the hill (and not just occasionally retreating), I'll take the AA on their hill and kill it. For some reason I seem to be invisible to enemy tanks when I'm in the AA.

bebops-ghost

Clan
Jan 13, 2018
Southern Part of Heaven
It gets pretty tough against attack choppers especially if you have no aa keeping it back. Usually if your staying tight to buildings with Armour a chopper will have alot tougher time killing you, especially if they are staying back.

The best strategy is to take a LB North and wait for them to retreat behind the hill. Pounce and shred them. I had Beckler jump out and try to put a stinger on me. Only worked once.

The second best is to take the stealth jet and harass the crap out of them. Easy to do even with the better AA drivers.

Rzarektor

May 6, 2020
I've recently gone back to HMG after using canister shell for a while, mainly for the range and accuracy. I do short bursts or just do quick taps and you can kill infantry quite easily at range and also put persistent pressure at any range for aircraft. Canister is very strong at short range but you have to make your shots.

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
Stilll don't get it why camper or or around near red zone . nothing new to me. getting boring for not help from chopper ...

Use the skill before hop on chopper .....

If you want to waste the team then stay on ground

tobyloveswar

Jan 15, 2019
DTLA.. Ur bitch likes me more Bruh
best way to get a tank that uses a building for cover? SLAM MINES in those spots. Just 3 only 3 stinger guys needed in a squad working together can keep the skies clear the whole time. That sound of being painted and shot at with a stinger makes pilots go nuts. Hell, man, I bring down JETS every day with stingers. soon as you see smoke on a damaged plane. Hit it after if dropped its flare or in between flare respawn with a stinger either you kill it or get the assist on it. Smart dudes lasering a chopper? I bring those down too. Killing choppers is a joy. I can kill tanks but I prefer choppers.

dfsatan

Clan
Dec 11, 2019
ATL
profile_mask2.png

9:37 PM (0 minutes ago)
to me

Im usually in the AA but I usually can take out their inbound missile I can see it coming and shoot it out of the sky but it's the certain individuals which has a range that's all the way across the map from one side to the other and there's no limit on there TV. I think based on the RC 2 where there is a Max limit on kills that would give everyone an opportunity to get in and have a chance in the AH. There has been several games I have been in where the AH just parked itself at its spawn and fired all the way across the map and hits me as I'm leaving my spawn I really should record those and post

FluffMuffin94

Nov 25, 2020
Bergen, Norway
TV missile has a max range of about 700m, a little more I think. If they fly it farther than that they are definitely hacking. From what I've seen in my short time in RC1 is that a lot of the helis sit on the ground behind cover close to the center of the map map and fire TV's from there. From the center of the map you could pretty much reach anything on golmud with a range of 700m.

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
TV missile has a max range of about 700m, a little more I think. If they fly it farther than that they are definitely hacking. From what I've seen in my short time in RC1 is that a lot of the helis sit on the ground behind cover close to the center of the map map and fire TV's from there. From the center of the map you could pretty much reach anything on golmud with a range of 700m.
Is there any sever mods that could shorten the range of TVs and tow? Bring helps a little closer to the action and keep them out of the hills.

FluffMuffin94

Nov 25, 2020
Bergen, Norway
Is there any sever mods that could shorten the range of TVs and tow? Bring helps a little closer to the action and keep them out of the hills.
I doubt it. 700m is a decent range for TV's anyway. Whenever you fight a good AA player, you need all the distance to the target you can get. Good AA players singlehandedly win games if they are good at suppressing enemy aircraft.

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
True. Not like AH is a game winner. Been in matches where the other team has the sky, but still win due to ground game. Especially if both AHs are playing TV/Tow peekaboo in the hills.

FluffMuffin94

Nov 25, 2020
Bergen, Norway
True. Not like AH is a game winner. Been in matches where the other team has the sky, but still win due to ground game. Especially if both AHs are playing TV/Tow peekaboo in the hills.

Exactly.

It's the infantry and the armor that win games, granted there is any armor left after I've dealt with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details