Helis on Golmud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge_Viper

Clan
Dec 28, 2020
Bristol, England
Elchango I don't think you relies some players have played dedicated vehicles for years on end on BF4. So don't be surprised that they get good at it. You find the same in the pro tanks, warthogs and jet players, lav tow pros etc. Some of which are near impossible to counter.

If you wanna know all the tricks and tips and habits u need to get into to play attack heli better just ask or play attack heli with me and I will tell you how I do it, but don't just default auto accuse of hacks. I see you say the same of many other players which I also have a very hard time to fight against (along with everyone else) but I appreciate its skill and not hacks. For example put Riker or Hydro Smoka on enemy team with lav and they kill me a lot even with my evasive flying. It can get very annoying and make u wanna give up but it's not hacks.

Bigger picture here is just that many games are very one sided, if your team has a lot of ground then way easier for attack heli (and everyone on your team), if not little attack heli can do. I've seen even average skill players do a lot of damage in attack heli when enemy team is weak.

I would suggest a different auto-balance plug-in and see if people like more or less. But many here know you are either on the wrecking team or getting wrecked a lot of the time. Maybe 3/10 u get somewhat of a balanced match-up.

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
Elchango I don't think you relies some players have played dedicated vehicles for years on end on BF4. So don't be surprised that they get good at it. You find the same in the pro tanks, warthogs and jet players, lav tow pros etc. Some of which are near impossible to counter.

If you wanna know all the tricks and tips and habits u need to get into to play attack heli better just ask or play attack heli with me and I will tell you how I do it, but don't just default auto accuse of hacks. I see you say the same of many other players which I also have a very hard time to fight against (along with everyone else) but I appreciate its skill and not hacks. For example put Riker or Hydro Smoka on enemy team with lav and they kill me a lot even with my evasive flying. It can get very annoying and make u wanna give up but it's not hacks.

Bigger picture here is just that many games are very one sided, if your team has a lot of ground then way easier for attack heli (and everyone on your team), if not little attack heli can do. I've seen even average skill players do a lot of damage in attack heli when enemy team is weak.

I would suggest a different auto-balance plug-in and see if people like more or less. But many here know you are either on the wrecking team or getting wrecked a lot of the time. Maybe 3/10 u get somewhat of a balanced match-up.

I agree with that .

I , myself attack helicopter pilot , gunner and solo . Most of time , some of them stay back longer or out zone where i can't not see the map while they kill me . It be lately a lot on going.

I know some good attack helicopter pilot like me to kill the tank at ABC then pull back for reload the come back to support teammate .

Need new rule to fix those before it's go out of control :rapture:

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
It is true that AH have been camping far back more frequently lately. But again, how would you enforce any rule against that?
First, they are very mobile in comparison to the AA, so they most likely wont be camping by the time an admin sees any !report. This is already the case, most of the time, for the AA
Second, how can you tell between someone camping or just retreating to reload? I don't think you can.
So, though it would be nice to eliminate people camping behind the hill in the AH, I don't think there is any practical way you can do that.

Animalllllll

Clan Member
Clan
Aug 26, 2018
Markham, Ontario Canada
I still don't think we need anymore rules on RC1 and especially for the AH. Even if you play the peek-a-boo with the mountains before long someone will come to kill you.
Besides, that strategy is terribly boring.

bebops-ghost

Clan
Jan 13, 2018
Southern Part of Heaven
I still don't think we need anymore rules on RC1 and especially for the AH. Even if you play the peek-a-boo with the mountains before long someone will come to kill you.
Besides, that strategy is terribly boring.

Is peek-a-boo different from camping? What exactly would be the definition of camping an AH? What would the rule look like? I know a camping tank when I see one. There is no penalty for camping a tank -- witness Maltese, Franconian, et al. ...

5scar-STRYKER

Self Elected Shop Steward
Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Thread is off topic again as usual. I was very careful not to ask for another rule on my original post, and I don't think one is needed. All I did ask for is a cap on kills or a longer spawn period for the helis. Like some of you have mentioned helis have been using the shoot and dive much more often of late or setting ate the end of the map, and the AA gets more and more noobs that don't know the first thing about its use. I did main barrel the attack heli three times in one round in a tank because noobs were flying it and entering the playing field.

In the past if there was some thing that changed on the server it was brought here discussed to see if a solution can come about. So far I have offered two solutions I personally think would help out but neither has bee addressed.

I think EA fell through their asses making the helis so OP to the point it is not realistic. The fifty cal on a tank should decimate a little bird but only makes it fly off. Simpson you did mention using a canister shell, and it is pretty devastating on helis on the playing field but won't reach the hiders...........................STRYKER.

bebops-ghost

Clan
Jan 13, 2018
Southern Part of Heaven
What would you propose as the cap? I would like to see a cap on the LB farmers. It would hit guys like Bleacher as well. I don't think it will affect the AH much. If it was longer spawn time, then the AH pilot might be even more cautious.

5scar-STRYKER

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Bebop I started this thread searching for a solution to the problem, I didn't say I had a good one. I am sure there are many smarter people than myself coming to the forums and I had hoped some one could offer a solution fair to all involved. There have been other things brought here and addressed when needed, like parashitting, jet ramming and even tank camping. And as you see there has been a large down turn in each and every one of them. The server is constantly changing and people have to stay ahead of them or you end up with a pile of shit......................STRYKER.

5scar-STRYKER

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Red you keep bringing up altering the sever for my play style which is a little unfair. Any thing I do I do for the sake of the server, but you have never been able to figure that out. I have never been able to figure out where you have been coming from but to coin a phrase of yours " I am done with it " because it is just going to be two alpha males going at each other and you have command.....................STRYKER

Last edited:

ElChangoFeo

Clan
Dec 4, 2019
San Diego
Hmmm. It's pretty easy to tell an AH camper from a non-camper. The camper hides behind hills or power poles all game. The non-camper advances and gets into the fight over the flags where most of the armor and foot soldiers are. The non-camper may retreat to the base to re-load but returns to the fight, unlike campers who return to the backside of the hill...........................

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
There are inherit flaws in some of your analysis's regarding camping vs not camping. I question how aware you are of your own teams play style. Ive played with Dodge Viper a bunch. He does not camp. Now if we are being constantly spammed with pussy lasers the only option is to retreat back behind the hill to repair or break the lock, which doesn't always work.

The assholes who sit in towers all game and laze are much more of a problem than the AH. Its almost impossible to hit players in a tower due to glitches in the hit boxes.

Also, I shred the fuck out of AHs with canister.

The best solution is to change your game play and adapt. Its a squad and team oriented game. If you're running solo you're going to have a problem if you don't like being killed.

I can play on foot, in a vehicle and in the air. I go where Im needed and I engage my squad to take objectives as a unit. That's the most effective way to do it.

I find I can be more effective than the AA if I take one or two other guys in my squad with Igla's and pester the fuck out of the AH and LB. Its not my favorite way to play but its what I do to try and secure the win.

Its not about me, its about the team and our objective.

RedKilla

Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2015
Colorado
battlelog.battlefield.com
There are inherit flaws in some of your analysis's regarding camping vs not camping. I question how aware you are of your own teams play style. Ive played with Dodge Viper a bunch. He does not camp. Now if we are being constantly spammed with pussy lasers the only option is to retreat back behind the hill to repair or break the lock, which doesn't always work.

The assholes who sit in towers all game and laze are much more of a problem than the AH. Its almost impossible to hit players in a tower due to glitches in the hit boxes.

The best solution is to change your game play and adapt. Its a squad and team oriented game. If you're running solo you're going to have a problem if you don't like being killed.

I can play on foot, in a vehicle and in the air. I go where Im needed and I engage my squad to take objectives as a unit. That's the most effective way to do it.

I find I can be more effective than the AA if I take one or two other guys in my squad with Igla's and pester the fuck out of the AH and LB. Its not my favorite way to play but its what I do to try and secure the win.

Nuff said....And couldn't agree more. You adapt..You dont change the server..

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018

But I wanto camp and kill without engage.... Ama noob, if they kill me they're hacking....

LMAO

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it will affect the AH much. If it was longer spawn time, then the AH pilot might be even more cautious.

I agree with this. I kill cap for the AH would cause them to camp even more.
In addition, I think kill caps aren't the greatest for non noob servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details