BigBeerBilly

linklinklink

Jul 26, 2019
What version of windows are you running,

Windows 7.
I've been running the game since release and never experienced any PB issues before this week. There were a few times I log into my EA account this week and it logged in "offline". So I had to re-login a second time to get it to come up with the online status.

I wonder if that may have triggered PB? BF3 still logs in for some reason.

RedKilla

Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2015
Colorado
battlelog.battlefield.com
OK, I am really starting to believe WIN 7 has something to do with people getting caught. You are the 3rd one that has told us that, one of our own members was running WIN 7 when they were caught. I would highly recommend upgrading to windows 10 before you purchase a new account.

linklinklink

Jul 26, 2019
I just asked an admin over at PBBANS about it as well. It seems to be a common theme.

The online Login problem only seemed to start happening after the most recent Origin update. Prior to that I never experienced problems. Maybe my account wasn't hacked but something else triggered it.
Either way, it was very strange trying to log in and getting Origin server communication problems.

There's no phone numbers for EvenBalance but there are a few people on LinkedIn. I may try to contact one of the engineers over there and see if I can chat with them on the phone.

linklinklink

Jul 26, 2019
Let us know what you find out if you happed to get ahold of someone.
Hi Redzilla, sorry to dig up this 2 year old thread. EvenBalance responded with a generic email from their end. My original account I had since game release (2013) and since then I've put about 1,000 hours on another account.

I did some digging and it definitely was AARP that filed the PunkBuster ban so I'm assuming the only way it can be lifted is if you file a repeal? Are you able to do anything from your end with EvenBalance (PunkBuster) to revive my original account?

As we discussed above I've never used a hacking tool and I think the length of time the account existed + my stats prove that point.

Is there anything you guys can do?

Thanks
- BigBeerBilly

Last edited:

KarekCat

Forum Duke
Sep 21, 2017
Between Here and There
PB Violations are automatically issued on the server that they are detected on. So if it hadn't been us, it would of been somewhere else. As for the validity of the violation... Well, there's nothing immediately obvious to indicate that you were up to something. A general suggestion would be to buy a new account and just get on with your life. Admittedly, it was probably a much easier to digest suggestion two years ago.

With that said, not all servers run PBBANS, which is what is enforcing the violation ban. If you are banned on EVERY server, then it's a PB Global ban, and your account is extremely dead.

linklinklink

Jul 26, 2019
PB Violations are automatically issued on the server that they are detected on. So if it hadn't been us, it would of been somewhere else. As for the validity of the violation... Well, there's nothing immediately obvious to indicate that you were up to something. A general suggestion would be to buy a new account and just get on with your life. Admittedly, it was probably a much easier to digest suggestion two years ago.

With that said, not all servers run PBBANS, which is what is enforcing the violation ban. If you are banned on EVERY server, then it's a PB Global ban, and your account is extremely dead.
Yes, I've been on a new account since the PB ban was in place. The cost of owning other copies isn't an issue, I just don't understand how my original game tag was labelled as hacking in the first place.

I had EA delete the BF4 copy and I bought a new one on my original account and the PB ban still found me even with the new licence.

Pretty shitty situation since that's been my name for a long time and I didn't do anything wrong.

5scar-STRYKER

Self Elected Shop Steward
Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Holy shit ! I hope not to be accused of trolling the forums, but why are you even wasting time with this guy? He stated he plays 99% of the time on the "Best in the East Server". Just tell him to pack up his cheat bags and move in over there, problem solved......................STRYKER

• Haha
Reactions: CHUPS_M

RedKilla

Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2015
Colorado
battlelog.battlefield.com
Hi Redzilla, sorry to dig up this 2 year old thread. EvenBalance responded with a generic email from their end. My original account I had since game release (2013) and since then I've put about 1,000 hours on another account.

I did some digging and it definitely was AARP that filed the PunkBuster ban so I'm assuming the only way it can be lifted is if you file a repeal? Are you able to do anything from your end with EvenBalance (PunkBuster) to revive my original account?

As we discussed above I've never used a hacking tool and I think the length of time the account existed + my stats prove that point.

Is there anything you guys can do?

Thanks
- BigBeerBilly
I cannot file an appeal on your behalf. Unfortunately Even balance has the final say. Just because your stats are not that impressive doesn't mean you were not cheating. It could be something as simple as no recoil, or no smoke. Only you would know that.

jsimpson32

Founder MCP
Administrator
Aug 29, 2015
Digital Purgatory
farmersonly.com
Holy shit ! I hope not to be accused of trolling the forums, but why are you even wasting time with this guy? He stated he plays 99% of the time on the "Best in the East Server". Just tell him to pack up his cheat bags and move in over there, problem solved......................STRYKER
13974A4D-50AB-4A8C-ADA0-9EEC7DE0F691.jpeg
Book recommendation

KarekCat

Forum Duke
Sep 21, 2017
Between Here and There
Yes, I've been on a new account since the PB ban was in place. The cost of owning other copies isn't an issue, I just don't understand how my original game tag was labelled as hacking in the first place.

I had EA delete the BF4 copy and I bought a new one on my original account and the PB ban still found me even with the new licence.

Pretty shitty situation since that's been my name for a long time and I didn't do anything wrong.
It needs to be with a NEW Origin Account. Stuff isn't tied to CD Keys anymore.

linklinklink

Jul 26, 2019

The problem is I never cheated, nor have I ever cheated in a video game. This is coming from a guy that has been a PC gamer since back in the Doom 2 days.

linklinklink

Jul 26, 2019
I cannot file an appeal on your behalf. Unfortunately Even balance has the final say. Just because your stats are not that impressive doesn't mean you were not cheating. It could be something as simple as no recoil, or no smoke. Only you would know that.

I've never used cheating software. I'm way too old for that and there's no point in online gaming if you're going to cheat.

The only thing I can think of is maybe someone reported me for climbing the rocks outside on Operation Locker. They may have assumed I used wall glitching to get up there or something when it's just jumping up the rocks.

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
Doom 2? Stryker beta tested multiplayer Pong on ARPAnet.
Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

KarekCat

Forum Duke
Sep 21, 2017
Between Here and There
I've never used cheating software. I'm way too old for that and there's no point in online gaming if you're going to cheat.

The only thing I can think of is maybe someone reported me for climbing the rocks outside on Operation Locker. They may have assumed I used wall glitching to get up there or something when it's just jumping up the rocks.
Climbing on the rocks would not result in a PB Global Ban, which is what you are likely suffering from. PB does not respond to emails anymore, so your ban/violation will never get reversed.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details