BeBops-Revenge

ADIOS

Jun 5, 2018
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
I limited my upload and download in the QOS setting in my router which eliminated bufferbloat. I set it at about 90% of the max and that seemed to do it. Most modems cant handle the data at its max throttle. I also port forwarded the suggested ports for BF4.

I played with that for a bit myself and although it did reduce bufferbloat it did not stop me from losing connection, hope it works out for you Fish

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
I played with that for a bit myself and although it did reduce bufferbloat it did not stop me from losing connection, hope it works out for you Fish

So far so good. Never had an issue with losing connection. Just trying to get Win10 and new modem and router dialed in.

Hydro322

Mar 26, 2019
MN
My rig imploded about 2 years ago, Windows 7 was corrupt forcing me to leave Tower at a repair shop. They loaded 10 for me. Now there's some new concern about a new update, but so far I've not been affected.

whereamIagain

Clan
Dec 27, 2016
Plattsburgh, New York
Good grief. Was wondering why I was getting booted with a punkbuster message today. I may act like a punk at times, but I certainly don't hack.

I am on win7. Dunno if the OS was updated recently.

Any suggestions for clearing this up?

Sorry this happened to you . I hope you get it cleared up. They are not very helpful unfortunately. I wish you luck.

whereamIagain

Clan
Dec 27, 2016
Plattsburgh, New York
Response from Even Balance:

"Note #2: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

Sounds like a canned response. I am using win10 now, so if it was an issue with OS level, it wont happen again.

Appreciate you guys letting me continue to play. Bebops-ghost will work on leveling up. I miss the sniper rifles and shotguns....

Looks like the response that they give everyone.

whereamIagain

Clan
Dec 27, 2016
Plattsburgh, New York
The only supposed correlation is this ban and Windows 7. Remember that correlation isn't causation. There would need to be more information gathered.

Karet the problem is that they don't help you either they don't tell you how to fix the problem, so basically you have to upgrade and start fresh with a new account. they don't think their software could have a flaw. They assume you are guilty period. They should look at each case individually but it doesn't seam like they do. It's like talking to a wall.

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
Karet the problem is that they don't help you either they don't tell you how to fix the problem, so basically you have to upgrade and start fresh with a new account. they don't think their software could have a flaw. They assume you are guilty period. They should look at each case individually but it doesn't seam like they do. It's like talking to a wall.

I think in their eyes its better to have a few incorrect bans then to disclose how they discovered a particular hack.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details