Increase AA respawn time to 1 minute in RC1

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I like things the way they are. It's an instant vehicle respawn server so you're getting what's advertised. Though I think a lower jet respawn would be cool. Too bad the game doesn't allow it.

Vegetaa03

Clan
Feb 27, 2023
San Antonio TX
Lmao. You entirely ignored the stand-ins that I mentioned. Bad players can still spam active missiles nonetheless as well. Thanks for not reading it at all.
It will have to eat what gets put in its basket.

Attachments

• 1FE07240-5AF3-4E98-B98B-F172658A8D13.gif
    1FE07240-5AF3-4E98-B98B-F172658A8D13.gif
    14.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: AGOWi

9isMine

Dec 12, 2022
LDH (Laser Designation Headquarters)
Hi
I'm a jet main.

The server says fast vehicles, you get what you joined for. At most they should double the spawn time, personally I think its fine.

The active missile spam is a valid complaint, however 70% of that is nullified with ECM and skyboxing as well as simply smarter flying. Flying low and using cover is a very strong defense against the mobile AA to avoid follow up actives after your ECM runs dry, and as for Lancang, the dam is practically a AA free zone with a giant barrier to pop in and out of and hide behind as well as the surrounding mountains. You should practically never be pushing close to their spawn or close to spawn flags as thats very risky even in normal servers.
A good jet duo can run circles around even the most spammy of AAs, using the stealth as the initial bomb to exhaust APS and allowing your attack jet to laser the AA afterward while it focuses the stealth. Me and my wingman use this tactic religiously and its allowed us to farm the AA over and over. Remember that as a duo, the stealth is always the bait for ground targets allowing the much slower attack jet to mop up after it.
While flying solo, consider learning to play around the AA and not even bother focusing it, play practically across the map from it and it'll barely bother you. The less attention you give the AA, the less its going to zero you instantly. Use your team mates to your advantage, push the AA when you have a friendly tank near it, get that critical movement disable and peace out while you get the assist.
I know you said that you play the attack jet, so another piece of advice is to learn to JDAM from the skybox. Most AAs, even good ones, fold once they get hit with mobility crits and most panic APS right after, which puts them wide open for a off angle strafe into a JDAM. Alternatively, AAs struggle at aiming straight upward, so a go to strat is to fish for a sky bomb crit as most AAs stay completely stationary in common spots and when you land it, swoop high and then top down the AA with guns and finish with another JDAM if needed. If done right, you can kill the AA before it even sees you flying away from the 2nd JDAM.
Good tips, but I have to heavily disagree with ECM nullifying active missiles. Actives are absolutely notorious for hitting through ECM especially when nose-down forcing a crash. Skybox JDAMs only really work if the AA doesn't see it coming, which is more of a fool-me-once deal than a reliable strategy. Coordinating with teammates to take down the AA is something I already do, but the problem again is its respawn time, dying doesn't matter to the AA tank when it respawns 13x faster than you do.

Lancang as a map is just a playground for AAs given how small it actually is, and once again even if you pop ECM active missiles still have a chance to hit through your ECM which leaves you fucked if you're nose-down. You can get lucky and kill the anti air, but the respawn yet again is so quick it won't even matter, meanwhile it locks down the entire airspace. You can't strafe a single vehicle without getting an active lobbed your way, forcing you to ECM, run, and hope to God it doesn't hit you through it anyway while the aa itself attempts to gun you down. I think you can agree that a good AA player is so cancerously difficult to counter, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but when said AA player can just take it again 10 seconds later and be right back to making you never be able to strafe another target again, it makes the jets pointless.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 3) View details