Increase AA respawn time to 1 minute in RC1

9isMine

Dec 12, 2022
LDH (Laser Designation Headquarters)
Given that jet spawntimes cannot be changed and appear to always be a static 1 min 30 seconds, the anti air should be changed to match it too. Playing in a jet is frustrating when you coordinate to take a good anti air out only for him to appear 10 seconds later, leaving attack jets completely unable to do anything with a good anti air player even if they're able to take them out.

AGOWi

Clan
Dec 9, 2019
Given that jet spawntimes cannot be changed and appear to always be a static 1 min 30 seconds, the anti air should be changed to match it too. Playing in a jet is frustrating when you coordinate to take a good anti air out only for him to appear 10 seconds later, leaving attack jets completely unable to do anything with a good anti air player even if they're able to take them out.
Although I am all for changes for a better player experience, I don't think this is a good idea. Especially not with some of the shitty aa players there are or the ones that are camping (either because they don't know what they are doing or because they are griefing). I think the AA as a vehicle is way more vital than any of the other vehicles, apart from maybe the attack helicopter.

A better change might be to decrease jet spawn time if that is possible, but I am not even sure if that is necessary.

Edit: Try some c4 jeeps in the future, sometimes there seems to be an entire army dedicated to those things lol

Last edited:

RedKilla

Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2015
Colorado
battlelog.battlefield.com
Welcome to our forums and thank you for your suggestion. However we will not be making any changes to the server. Ive seen good jet pilots dominate that server no matter who is in the AA. But I am bias. I hate jets..LOL But the same can be said for any vehicle. Our server is fast re spawn.

The only thing that intrigues me about it is we wouldn't have to admin the AA as much.:)

1689945395123.png

Vegetaa03

Clan
Feb 27, 2023
San Antonio TX
I would be all over that but only if the attack chopper time stays the same because that’s all I care about :)

Last edited:

9isMine

Dec 12, 2022
Welcome to our forums and thank you for your suggestion. However we will not be making any changes to the server. Ive seen good jet pilots dominate that server no matter who is in the AA. But I am bias. I hate jets..LOL But the same can be said for any vehicle. Our server is fast re spawn.

The only thing that intrigues me about it is we wouldn't have to admin the AA as much.:)
the problem is that anti airs basically deny the entire map to the jets, you can repeatedly spam active missiles and as there is no range limit to them you can keep jets in a loop, meaning they can never gain altitude and attack anything. attacking the AA just results in APS being deployed and them gunning you if you even attempt a strafe, but even if you're lucky and successfully take it out the same person will respawn in it in 10 seconds and immediately comb the skies for you.
it's a dumb infinite loop of getting active'd, dying to the aa, respawning, dying, respawning, getting lucky, all the while enemy armor is sitting untouched because the AA can respawn thirteen times faster than you can (though jet respawn time can't be controlled). the reason I didn't recommend 90 seconds so it was on par with jets is because the AA has a role against not just jets but helicopters which would necessitate a fair respawn time.

i hate jet sweating too believe it or not, but RC1/3 is just unfairly skewed against jets when you can't even perform your vehicle's role because your direct counter that can target you across the entire map respawns in 10 seconds. Lancang is an even stronger case; vipers get straight up shredded from an AA in its spawn just as they load in, and jets have even less space to maneuver.

a good jet duo will never do anything on the ground while an aa who only needs to have active radar missiles equipped is alive, solely because you can get cross-mapped by infinite range missiles and killing it will only result in 10 seconds of breathing room to which you'll have to repeat the process over again. I just don't want it to be impossible to have a good time in a jet.

CHUPS_M

Clan
Jan 4, 2021
I imagine that my team controls only one home flag. There are 2 enemy planes and 3 helicopters in the sky. And just before my eyes, my AA exploded. After 90 seconds of bueno please repeat🥲

Reactions: AGOWi

Clubfoot1

Clan
Jan 24, 2021
the problem is that anti airs basically deny the entire map to the jets, you can repeatedly spam active missiles and as there is no range limit to them you can keep jets in a loop, meaning they can never gain altitude and attack anything. attacking the AA just results in APS being deployed and them gunning you if you even attempt a strafe, but even if you're lucky and successfully take it out the same person will respawn in it in 10 seconds and immediately comb the skies for you.
it's a dumb infinite loop of getting active'd, dying to the aa, respawning, dying, respawning, getting lucky, all the while enemy armor is sitting untouched because the AA can respawn thirteen times faster than you can (though jet respawn time can't be controlled). the reason I didn't recommend 90 seconds so it was on par with jets is because the AA has a role against not just jets but helicopters which would necessitate a fair respawn time.

i hate jet sweating too believe it or not, but RC1/3 is just unfairly skewed against jets when you can't even perform your vehicle's role because your direct counter that can target you across the entire map respawns in 10 seconds. Lancang is an even stronger case; vipers get straight up shredded from an AA in its spawn just as they load in, and jets have even less space to maneuver.

a good jet duo will never do anything on the ground while an aa who only needs to have active radar missiles equipped is alive, solely because you can get cross-mapped by infinite range missiles and killing it will only result in 10 seconds of breathing room to which you'll have to repeat the process over again. I just don't want it to be impossible to have a good time in a jet.
The balance comes with the quality of players and what the most immediate threats are to the battlefield. Main target for me is the Warthog/frogfoot and the AH. Everything spawns at the same time so if you don't have a skilled AA operator or skilled pilots the point is mute. How many times does a shitty Aa driver sit in the wrong spot or has no idea what the AA is suppose to do that brings down the uneven slaughter of tanks on the field of battle by a skilled pilot.
So don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin ;)

9isMine

Dec 12, 2022
The balance comes with the quality of players and what the most immediate threats are to the battlefield. Main target for me is the Warthog/frogfoot and the AH. Everything spawns at the same time so if you don't have a skilled AA operator or skilled pilots the point is mute. How many times does a shitty Aa driver sit in the wrong spot or has no idea what the AA is suppose to do that brings down the uneven slaughter of tanks on the field of battle by a skilled pilot.
So don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin ;)
If a garbage anti air player dies in the anti air (likely a new player), they have the average attention span of maybe 20 seconds when they realize the anti air doesn't respawn as fast and swaps to another vehicle (likely an MBT, something there is more of and something that can't straight up shut down two types of vehicles), leaving another player to actually take a shot at it. I have done this before. There is no shortage of people pissed that their AA isn't doing shit and take it upon themselves to swap to it. More specialized players are less likely to change vehicles and will attempt to lock the AA every time, meaning the 60 seconds respawn time comes into play given how devastating AA is to 5 (potentially 6) vehicles on the enemy team.

As I said, a good anti air player will singlehandedly shut down the airspace permanently for the entire match. They have no reason to not lob active missiles every chance they get, and the DPS of AA is understandably huge against air vehicles. However, as I said previously, 10 seconds is way too fast for any skilled air duo let alone a solo attack jet player to do anything to armor before they get another active missile launched towards them from the enemy spawn.

Reactions: Clubfoot1

AGOWi

Clan
Dec 9, 2019
Still think it's a bad idea. I win more games with shitty air support or locked-down air support than with a camping or bad AA player. All you need is one player to be shit in the aa to ruin the game.

9isMine

Dec 12, 2022
All you need is one player to be shit in the aa to ruin the game.
Not entirely true. I can confidently take down both jets and other helicopters in a scout helicopter, of which you can have two in a team. If you're really confident, you can wipe out the jets with even a transport helicopter's minigun. To add to that you can have a Recon PLDing to make it even more effective. All of which is still very inferior to a solo player in an anti air who only needs to spam actives every chance he gets.

Vegetaa03

Clan
Feb 27, 2023
San Antonio TX
There will never be a perfect system of balance for this game. All you gotta do is admit to yourself you have been playing it for roughly 10 years if you bought it day one and just roll with it. So long we got people who will play it it then let the party go on.

Reactions: AGOWi and Clubfoot1

762x39fmj

Aug 12, 2023
USA

Hi
I'm a jet main.

The server says fast vehicles, you get what you joined for. At most they should double the spawn time, personally I think its fine.

The active missile spam is a valid complaint, however 70% of that is nullified with ECM and skyboxing as well as simply smarter flying. Flying low and using cover is a very strong defense against the mobile AA to avoid follow up actives after your ECM runs dry, and as for Lancang, the dam is practically a AA free zone with a giant barrier to pop in and out of and hide behind as well as the surrounding mountains. You should practically never be pushing close to their spawn or close to spawn flags as thats very risky even in normal servers.
A good jet duo can run circles around even the most spammy of AAs, using the stealth as the initial bomb to exhaust APS and allowing your attack jet to laser the AA afterward while it focuses the stealth. Me and my wingman use this tactic religiously and its allowed us to farm the AA over and over. Remember that as a duo, the stealth is always the bait for ground targets allowing the much slower attack jet to mop up after it.
While flying solo, consider learning to play around the AA and not even bother focusing it, play practically across the map from it and it'll barely bother you. The less attention you give the AA, the less its going to zero you instantly. Use your team mates to your advantage, push the AA when you have a friendly tank near it, get that critical movement disable and peace out while you get the assist.
I know you said that you play the attack jet, so another piece of advice is to learn to JDAM from the skybox. Most AAs, even good ones, fold once they get hit with mobility crits and most panic APS right after, which puts them wide open for a off angle strafe into a JDAM. Alternatively, AAs struggle at aiming straight upward, so a go to strat is to fish for a sky bomb crit as most AAs stay completely stationary in common spots and when you land it, swoop high and then top down the AA with guns and finish with another JDAM if needed. If done right, you can kill the AA before it even sees you flying away from the 2nd JDAM.

picrel was 2 hours ago against a very spammy AA as a solo pilot with only 6 jet kills, the rest were tanks and 5 were AA. Both my deaths were from the truly overpowered trees. Admin please nerf the trees and power line poles.
Desktop Screenshot 2023.08.16 - 03.27.17.72 (2).png

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 3) View details