• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge_Viper

Clan
Dec 28, 2020
Bristol, England
So these players don't affect me unless I occasionally play gunner for 6kings, Predator or USCCOM, but I see these players that C4/Mine jeep every game and every time they're on the server. Last noticeable one I remember was called YummyTea I think but I'm pretty sure he/she got banned? Newest main offender I recognize doing the same thing is a player called Zoomboy (not exact BF4 name).

Anyways, the armour players have enough hassle most games defending against AH, a10, infan, LB, armour etc that I think these types of players should be banned from the server.

From what I see in game chat I think 80%+ your clan members and server regulars would agree. I can see how you could forgive a player for doing this once in a blue moon. But to play this way 24/7 is a joke in my opinion.

Cordycep0

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
As a tank main and a regular on RC1, I must agree with Dodge_Viper. Though I am okay with the occasional C4 Jeep to take out pesky targets, the 24/7 suicide jeeps are also hurting their OWN team! In most cases, they're using up double or triple the amount of spawn tickets than they are taking away from their opponents.

I also agree that armour already has way too much to worry about (eg. Other armour, Helicopters, jets, and LAWS). Having a jeep come up at mach speeds every 30 seconds, out of nowhere, that takes two shells to blow up is simply ridiculous. I know some BF4 trailers advertised and glorified this mechanic but, in my opinion, it was a huge oversight in balance.

Is it enough for a ban? Maybe if the 24/7 c4 jeeps are unwilling to change and continue to hurt their own team and and others' enjoyment of the game. It's not in the rules (yet), but so are some other obvious things. Better teamwork can probably thwart part of the problem, such as Little Birds hunting for the jeeps. But teamwork is hard to come by now since the game was given out for free and we have a lot new players who want to snipe at Foxtrot.

Though I'm all on board for banning people who laser while parachuting from 1000ft up. So far the max graphics won't render them unless you zoom in with a scope. That stuff is unfair as hell.

- Cordycep

RedKilla

Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2015
Colorado
battlelog.battlefield.com
We pride ourselves on not having to many rules...RC1 has only three rules and I don't see that changing. If we made rules on everything we didn't like, like pussy ass snipers, jet whores, tank campers, C4 jeeps, Mines, Stringers, guided shells, and on and on.. We wouldnt have a server population. C4 jeeps are annoying as fuck but its part of the game.

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
It's like trying to ban a camper, or maybe a heli hide on hills and shooting tv guided, or maybe a jet going high with jdams from the above...... It's hard to justify that kinda stuff. It's annoying, true, but it's part of what the game can allow

Last edited:

gemcandy98

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 21, 2020
Canister shells are a fantastic way to get rid of c4 jeep (if u see them coming)
Honestly the best counter is for the AH or little birds to be doing their job and keeping an eye out from above for all jeeps comings towards the team's side.
That being said, u usually cant depend on anyone in game these days. Too many noobs or idiots in general

Cordycep0

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
I agree with not having too many rules. That's why I've voted undecided. I didn't vote "No" out of hatred for the C4 Jeeps, lol. And I didn't vote "Yes", as it's an intentional mechanic of the game by the game devs, and better air support and active gunners can help mitigate the effectiveness of C4 Jeeps. I agree that if we go down this rabbit hole of banning certain gameplay styles, it could effect server population.

Having only a few rules is what I like about RC1, and I do like it that way. The ban about para-lasing was a joke, just describing my hatred towards them, but it has been much better now.

T4CH1K0M4

Clan
Oct 31, 2017
C4jeep is a way of life boiiii, I get really onto it when im on jeepstuff phase XD but if I share what music I play while I jeepstuff, i would get cancelled in this times lol

OzzMOzziZ

Clan
May 2, 2020
Natal, Brazil
Jihad jeeps are really annoying, but is part of the game. And today its not only c4 that they are using, I see some players using mines on the front of the jeep to blow up the armors.
Like gemcandy said the helis are the best counter for those idiots.
I remember one guy that was trying to get me with the jeep and I was killing him with the AA all the times, when he finally get me I saw that I had killed him 8 times, so he was really pissed off with me (lol) and that is part of the game...
I dont think that the server need more rules, I agreed with Red on this.

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
A good gunner with their head on a swivel chews them up easily. I like killing C4 jeeps. If you pop out when they do, you can kill them before they blow anything up. They don't have time to switch back to a gun before you can dispose of them.

6KingsGF

Clan Member
Clan
Nov 8, 2017
TX
Yeah, sometimes they suck. Yesterday half my deaths were from one jihadi Jeeper. Sometimes I saw him and got him, sometimes I missed the shot and died, but most of the time I was engaged and suddenly get hit. I don't like them but don't think they should be banned. They are useful and can tell you that one or two of them can completely demolish a push on flags. I really don't get how some of those players like playing that way. Zoomboy spends the entire game doing that and dies with the explosion or shortly afterward which doesn't seem fun to me.

Dodge_Viper

Clan
Dec 28, 2020
Bristol, England
As I say I am an AH player so they are of no nuisance to me. the LB is better suited to tackling them with the laser guided.

But its good to gather what the general consensus is about these players.

I can't get how you could have fun doing this all game every game but obviously they do.

Dodge_Viper

Clan
Dec 28, 2020
Bristol, England
And in terms of 'it part of the game' I do not think DICE intended for this to happen or they would have made some kinda RC rover that detonated - think there are these kinda things in Company of Heros 2 if anyone familiar. You could argue jet ramming is part of the game which it is. But not an intended use of the vehicle.

Battletons

Nov 26, 2020
Toulouse
Wow!!!
Wait a minute.... we have a server named RC1?
Oh My God Reaction GIF

T4CH1K0M4

Clan
Oct 31, 2017
oh hell yaaawww the mines on jeep are magic xD, I go an extra mile and attach those babies to the minihelo belly frontside, death from above for any tanky!! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details