Back From The Dead!

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
Another little tidbit of Canadiana....they played that night with a band called Sandbox a University band of the day and one of the members Mike Smith AKA "Bubbles" from Trailer Park Boys was in that band and the singer of Sandbox Paul Murray was the Nephew of none other then Anne Murray. We would go golfing after the gig early morning when no one was up because the bar closed at 4 am and after doing cash out I would meet him to play a round of whack fuck
Anne Murray is a national treasure. Other than I have bad memories of my parents listening to her...and uh..."rearranging furniture in the bedroom." Apparently "You Needed Me" is why I have a sister.

Clubfoot1

Clan
Jan 24, 2021
That would of been mid 90's they even mention the Cabaret that I was GM, for song called Hello City. They apologized for the not so great cut up of the bar but it saw many many top bands go through there.
Another little tidbit of Canadiana....they played that night with a band called Sandbox a University band of the day and one of the members Mike Smith AKA "Bubbles" from Trailer Park Boys was in that band and the singer of Sandbox Paul Murray was the Nephew of none other then Anne Murray. We would go golfing after the gig early morning when no one was up because the bar closed at 4 am and after doing cash out I would meet him to play a round of whack fuck

Clubfoot1

Clan
Jan 24, 2021
So, do you have something called American Bacon there?
Just bacon....... we also have bald eagles just called bald eagles.....and also we get confused when america is mentioned not sure if it's North/Central or South America. We are still new to the workings outside of our igloos :)

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
Just bacon....... we also have bald eagles just called bald eagles.....and also we get confused when america is mentioned not sure if it's North/Central or South America. We are still new to the workings outside of our igloos :)
I’ve read that there are more American bald eagles in Canada and more Canada gooses in the States.

Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

Reactions: Clubfoot1

Great_Ape

Clan Member
Clan
I should have known lmao. I joined in 1986, there were only 2 Cabaret's back then, The Misty Moon or The Palace. I spent a lot of money in your place lol, but then David Wilcox used to play at the moon and we started hanging out there. Breakfast at the Circus. Ah, the good old days!

Clubfoot1

Clan
Jan 24, 2021
I should have known lmao. I joined in 1986, there were only 2 Cabaret's back then, The Misty Moon or The Palace. I spent a lot of money in your place lol, but then David Wilcox used to play at the moon and we started hanging out there. Breakfast at the Circus. Ah, the good old days!
Hey just FYI back in 86 there were 3 Cabarets. I started at the Crazy Horse in dartmouth started working there as a doorman in 85-88 it was pretty rough and held 1500 drunks and bikers lol

Jmonty

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 7, 2018
MI
I need to see some Canadian cities. I'm in northern (lower peninsula) Michigan so Canada is both to the southeast and northeast.

I've only been to Canada camping once many years ago, it was pretty epic though.

Clubfoot1

Clan
Jan 24, 2021
I need to see some Canadian cities. I'm in northern (lower peninsula) Michigan so Canada is both to the southeast and northeast.

I've only been to Canada camping once many years ago, it was pretty epic though.
Both our country's have so much to see so glad not to live in a city of millions I couldn't handle it.

Reactions: Jyrodelix

Clubfoot1

Clan
Jan 24, 2021
We never counted the Crazy Horse. It was what, Wyse Road in Dartmouth, and nobody ever crossed the bridges to party if you already lived in Halifax. lol
Yes Wyse rd and you're right the only time we had folks come over from HFX was when we had the larger bands come in like Meatloaf or BB King, Kim Mitchell to name few.