What i did today

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
nice, so you release the pressure on the drain bleeder and the master cylinder to avoid the back pressure, so u dont waste time on the screw in those brake pad??

I now remember that i gotta change the pads of my truck LMAO

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
The old Lincoln Continentals had calipers that you had to turn the plunger back into the chamber before you could install new pads. I still have the tool for that.

155scale

Clan
Feb 24, 2024
us
nice, so you release the pressure on the drain bleeder and the master cylinder to avoid the back pressure, so u dont waste time on the screw in those brake pad??

No

155scale

Clan
Feb 24, 2024
us
So far so good the 2000 gmc brakes. Stops. Done I hope or gunney go blow it up. I'm ok with that.

Last edited:

XtremeDiesel

Strongest Avenger
Nov 30, 2017
South Florida

I have changed the breaks on dozens of cars and never did this... or even knew it was a thing

Reactions: 155scale

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
So far so good the 2000 gmc brakes. Stops. Done I hope or gunney go blow it up. I'm ok with that.
I have a 2002 Chevy Suburban. Had to do a lot of things to get it up to specs and still wonder if the motor or transmission is abouot to give up.

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
I have a 2002 Chevy Suburban. Had to do a lot of things to get it up to specs and still wonder if the motor or transmission is abouot to give up.
Change the torque converter, the engine is easy to change, a lot of trucks got that exact engine, ls2

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
Change the torque converter, the engine is easy to change, a lot of trucks got that exact engine, ls2
Interesting about the motor. Yes, most trucks have the 5.3L engine. But that would be a big cost to replace for a truck I bought for $3000.

Ive replaced all the brake pads and cylinders, Spark plugs and wires. All the steering arms parts.

Had to mount the knock sensor on side of head instead of where it goes. My first knock sensor replacement did not fix problem of check engine light so I cheated.

Still have the ABS light coming on. Need to pull out ABS unit and replace the electronic module that I do have. Only problem is one brake line of 6 wont come off. May have to cut it off and put in new line. Waiting for warm weather to do that.

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
Still have the ABS light coming on. Need to pull out ABS unit and replace the electronic module that I do have. Only problem is one brake line of 6 wont come off. May have to cut it off and put in new line. Waiting for warm weather to do that.
Before any heavy cost, check the wires of the wheels sensors, 2 front if I recall correctly, and the tail of the transmission is the shaft speed

Unless is in the differential, but my guess is in the transmission

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I did brakes a little bit ago. Recently I've done an oil change, installed aluminum shifter base bushings and cable bushings, upgraded all four of my speakers, added an amp and a subwoofer, fixed my rear sway bar links, replaced all of my shocks and front springs, replaced a side curtain airbag, replaced the upstream O2 sensor... I could go on. Can't wait for it to just be regular maintenance like brake pads.

Reactions: shiryu_libra

Who has watched this thread (Total: 5) View details