Need help with CPU Water Cooling

Dan_

Clan Member
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Dan, I uninstalled the app from settings. So it's gone.

I just downloaded the Logitech G Hub and it looks very foreign to me. Didnt see my G15 keyboard. The Logitech Gaming Sofware is the one I downladed and the G15 keyboard did display my CPU and RAM usage in the window like before. But does not get activated on restart.

TeamSpeak used to have a plugin for the Logitech G15 keyboard, but not anymore. Like it must be old school like the dial telephones.
Wait so what's your issue?

Reactions: GeneralCustardPi

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
Ok, got it working. Had to pin the program to Start. Then had to enable the program to start on startup. That was in settings.

Was wanting this to work properly when I get my new heatsink in for my faster CPU processor.

Reactions: Dan_

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
I dont like Logitech GHub. I still use Logitech Gaming Software with my G933 headset and G910 keyboard.

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
Well ,

gaming software logitech is out date ( no more update , if there any )

G Hub - At first realse was good then after one year , it's ruin .

That why i am still have problem with dpi feel slower now /

G Hub is buggy

(n)

OnboardMemoryManager (y)

Reactions: OldGunney

Infiltrator417

Clan
Mar 10, 2022
Upstate New York
That's a great resource.
View attachment 6991
View attachment 6992
I think either choice is good, it would come down to price and compatibility with your case/RAM clearance.

The NH-U12A has one fin stack and two 120mm fans. It has a newer fin stack and fan design than the NH-D15.
The NH-D15 has two fin stacks, and two 140mm fans. Because it's so large, there is less compatibility. I can only have one fan in the middle in my case because of the clearance with my ram sticks. With only one fan, it is still overkill for my R5 3600.
View attachment 6996View attachment 6993
View attachment 6994

My desktop has an old NH-D14, which is actually a few millimeters smaller than the 15, and OMG is it big! When I first built this rig in 2015, I could only find a few cases that would fit this thing. I went with the Rosewill BlackHawk-Ultra Full Tower Gaming Case. It has ginormous fan capacity so I loaded it up with 3x230mm, 5x140mm, and 6x120mm. Might be overkill, but with a i7-5820K processor and GTX 980Ti video card it has always been a heat monster.

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
My desktop has an old NH-D14, which is actually a few millimeters smaller than the 15, and OMG is it big! When I first built this rig in 2015, I could only find a few cases that would fit this thing. I went with the Rosewill BlackHawk-Ultra Full Tower Gaming Case. It has ginormous fan capacity so I loaded it up with 3x230mm, 5x140mm, and 6x120mm. Might be overkill, but with a i7-5820K processor and GTX 980Ti video card it has always been a heat monster.
With all those fans it should probably hover off the ground if setup right :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
this is my setup,
nmc-techbench22.jpg
there is 9 fans inside that stuff
3 intakes, 2 for the cooler, and 4 exhaust
the Graphics card use a close watercooler, that why the hoses

Reactions: Digital Lode

Infiltrator417

Clan
Mar 10, 2022
Upstate New York
this is my setup,
View attachment 7059
there is 9 fans inside that stuff
3 intakes, 2 for the cooler, and 4 exhaust
the Graphics card use a close watercooler, that why the hoses

Noice! Assuming I'm correct that you have two hard drives mounted at the bottom of the case, I'm trying to figure out what the things are sitting on top of the drive on the right side of this photo...

Allen-2280637

Mar 7, 2022
china
Trying to get some more speed and better performance out of my AMD 3+ Socket mother board.

I have a AMD FX-6300 six core CPU installed, but I have another FX-8259 eight core in my desk drawer. The faster CPU tended to overheat and faulted out and the pipes heat sink didnt do the job. I think last year I wa talking to Animalll about the issue and he thought I needed a water cooler. Dont think my current case has room for one.

Please tell me how water gets circulated with a water cooler? Recommendations?

I'll probibly get a new case soon with my fans. The one I have has a SoundBlaster sticker on it. I'm guessing 25 years old.

Although I can't provide an effective answer, I still want to leave a message. Ha ha, because I met the landlord in the game.

Allen-2280637

Mar 7, 2022
china
I want to be clear that I don't recommend the NH-D15 as it's quite large and overkill for that CPU. I do recommend the NH-U12A. But, I would also make sure to measure the clearance in your case to make sure that the fin stack will actually fit.
Your name in the game should be Dan -? If so, how many times have you assassinated me, ha ha

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
Noice! Assuming I'm correct that you have two hard drives mounted at the bottom of the case, I'm trying to figure out what the things are sitting on top of the drive on the right side of this photo...
i just let some adapter for an m.2 driver, its really good btw, 2 drivers, 1 m.2 system

Infiltrator417

Clan
Mar 10, 2022
Upstate New York
i just let some adapter for an m.2 driver, its really good btw, 2 drivers, 1 m.2 system

Ah that makes sense! Glad it's working for you. My mobo has an m.2 slot, but it was one of the early implementations and I wasn't happy with the way they allocated pcie lanes in that generation of processors. Also m.2 drives were hella expensive at the time! :LOL:

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
Ah that makes sense! Glad it's working for you. My mobo has an m.2 slot, but it was one of the early implementations and I wasn't happy with the way they allocated pcie lanes in that generation of processors. Also m.2 drives were hella expensive at the time! :LOL:
I feel the pain, a m.2 3 years ago at MX, was 2x the price with Amazon, was $230 for 1tb of silicon power, now the same one for me, its $89... So I understand

Last edited:

Infiltrator417

Clan
Mar 10, 2022
Upstate New York
I feel the pain, a m.2 3 years ago at MX, was 2x the price with Amazon, was $230 for 1tb of silicon power, now the same one for me, its $89... So I understand

I had to open my case today, so I wanted to share a photo. Look at how big the D14 is!!!

It almost completely covers all four ram sticks on the right side and two on the left. They just barely have enough clearance underneath. It also comes perilously close to my video card, which has to go in that slot to get full throughput.

20220321_143713.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: shiryu_libra

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
I had to open my case today, so I wanted to share a photo. Look at how big the D14 is!!!

It almost completely covers all four ram sticks on the right side and two on the left. They just barely have enough clearance underneath. It also comes perilously close to my video card, which has to go in that slot to get full throughput.

View attachment 7060
I guess that 40mm fan is the culprit of your issues with heat.... LMAO

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details