XtremeDiesel

Strongest Avenger
Nov 30, 2017
South Florida
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Jerry Byrum

May 1, 2023
California, USA
I’m just getting back in the gaming world…I was reading about the group love the vibe, have been playing on the servers. Was looking for the discord channel and had no luck. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers!

Jerry Byrum

May 1, 2023
California, USA
Now I just feel like an idiot on getting in the discord channel….I feel like even a bigger idiot because I can’t figure out how to use in game to communicate with squad members.. when I say I’m new, I’m new! You all are going to have to forgive my inaptitud

Jerry Byrum

May 1, 2023
California, USA
I feel my first impression has come and gone but for the sake of doing a proper introduction (not that anyone cares) let me try this again.

I am 53 years old and work as a Firefighter. I have two children who both serve in the United States Air Force, a beautiful wife whom I’ve been married to for 30 years. I am an avid computer enthusiast and am venturing into the gaming world. I’m also a musician and play acoustic and electric guitar. All my hobbies are to take me away from the stresses and pressures of life, duty, and craziness one can have. My emblem is from the 44th Infantry, US Army and is a tribute to my Grandfather who served during WWII. My Gramps’ taught me how to be a good human.

Thanks for allowing me in the forum and I look forward to the future 😁

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
I feel my first impression has come and gone but for the sake of doing a proper introduction (not that anyone cares) let me try this again.

I am 53 years old and work as a Firefighter. I have two children who both serve in the United States Air Force, a beautiful wife whom I’ve been married to for 30 years. I am an avid computer enthusiast and am venturing into the gaming world. I’m also a musician and play acoustic and electric guitar. All my hobbies are to take me away from the stresses and pressures of life, duty, and craziness one can have. My emblem is from the 44th Infantry, US Army and is a tribute to my Grandfather who served during WWII. My Gramps’ taught me how to be a good human.

Thanks for that intro and the service your many generations of family have provided this country.

Reactions: Jerry Byrum

whitefish21

Avenger
Dec 19, 2017
Now I just feel like an idiot on getting in the discord channel….I feel like even a bigger idiot because I can’t figure out how to use in game to communicate with squad members.. when I say I’m new, I’m new! You all are going to have to forgive my inaptitud
We are here to help.

What issues are you having with discord?

For VOIP in-game I think the default push to talk button is the Left Alt key but you can set it to whatever you want in settings. I changed mine to G4 which is next to my left shift key on my G910

jsimpson32

Founder MCP
Administrator
Aug 29, 2015
Digital Purgatory
farmersonly.com

Great to have you here!

Jerry Byrum

May 1, 2023
California, USA
We are here to help.

What issues are you having with discord?

For VOIP in-game I think the default push to talk button is the Left Alt key but you can set it to whatever you want in settings. I changed mine to G4 which is next to my left shift key on my G910
I didn’t know if people were using Discord to communicate or VOIP in BF4. I’ve tried a few times when I’m playing in a squad to coordinate with the other players and I see the speaker light up but don’t hear anything. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong or have a setting that’s off. I tried telling a squad buddy the other night in a game he had two players trying to plant a mine behind him and didn’t work. Again not sure if they are on Discord, BF4, or something else. Thanks for the assistance. Just want to be a team player.

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
I’ve tried a few times when I’m playing in a squad to coordinate with the other players and I see the speaker light up but don’t hear anything. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong or have a setting that’s off.
You are probably talking to noobs that dont listen or talk in the server. If they have a high ping, they may be in a different language time zone.

bebops-ghost

Clan
Jan 13, 2018
Southern Part of Heaven

Welcome and glad you are here. Squad up and we are happy to help!

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details