Thinking of down sizing my fleet of vehicles to just a new land cruiser

Jmonty

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 7, 2018
MI
Popular opinion is to wait the new 4Runner, seems like, but this is great for what I want

1000003611.jpg

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Personally, I am of the opinion that you should use the least fuel consuming vehicle required, unless it's your expensive car that you worked hard to buy. This is why I switched from a jeep to a civic, much more fuel economy, and because it's manual, much more fun to drive.

What will you be using vehicle for? What did your fleet used to be and what was it used for?

Jmonty

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 7, 2018
MI
1000003008.jpg

Replacing these 3 essentially. 2 door Rubicon 45k miles, trd s/c tundra 160k miles, 2011 mustang gt/cs 70k miles

Plan to get an electric vehicle in the near future as well. Need to build my home infrastructure.

Reactions: XtremeDiesel

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Well if you don't need a box that a pickup offers, you don't need a pickup. If you're hauling a trailer, think of practically what the maximum weight you'd be hauling is, most 4 cylinder SUVs can haul a trailer with a modest load (albeit not as well as a bigger engine). Nobody really needs a jeep. The mustang is cool, I don't know if you'd get the same joy of driving a 4runner as the mustang. Do you live on roads that would be hard for a smaller vehicle to handle? I heard from a friend that the newer 4runners aren't even as good as the new rav4s, and they regretted switching.

Jmonty

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 7, 2018
MI
>I heard from a friend that the newer 4runners aren't even as good as the new rav4s, and they regretted switching.

lol your friend sounds like an idiot.

Yeah I don't think you appreciate what different types of vehicles are for.

XtremeDiesel

Strongest Avenger
Nov 30, 2017
South Florida
>I heard from a friend that the newer 4runners aren't even as good as the new rav4s, and they regretted switching.

lol your friend sounds like an idiot.

Yeah I don't think you appreciate what different types of vehicles are for.
Angry Cartman GIF by South Park

Lowcountry25

Clan
Feb 17, 2019
Charleston, SC
I like both the new 4runner and the new Landcruiser, but I'd prefer the latter. I think it's a better vehicle, and I read the other day that the rear payload capacity for the '25 4runner is only 850lbs, which is insufficient IMO.

Also, nothing wrong with owning multiple vehicles. I have three for myself and my wife has her own.

Reactions: Jmonty

Jmonty

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 7, 2018
MI
Man how do I unsubscribe from this thread? This is the last place I wanted to recieve hostility.
Saying no one needs a jeep is hostile 😂 Jeep is perfect for exploring.

I don't give a fuck, just messing around.

Last edited:

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
You know what the jeep wave is right?

Mutual acknowledgement of having more dollars than sense.

(Btw, I love my jeep. She’s a pavement princess, but I still love her)

Reactions: Jmonty

Who has watched this thread (Total: 4) View details