Sound card

whereamIagain

Clan
Dec 27, 2016
Plattsburgh, New York
I can’t hear or talk to anyone in game. I was having problems with static. I put in a sound card but I can’t get it to work properly. Is there any techie that can give me some advice?

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
You need to get into the sound control panel to setup the recordings tab, and playback tab,

At the playback tab, will be a lot of stuff, perhaps your monitor as headphones jack, or even speakers, you graphics card had as many outputs as ports, (all HDMI is considered as possible output), and your sound card will be counted as many outputs register in the system as well, considering all above, you need to "set default" by click the one is your playback port and then click the button that say "Set Default"

Same goes for recording tab, select you mic click at the button and that's it

I will recommend that disable all the port u don't use, so Microsoft doesn't move when you upgrade your driver's, and happens with Nvidia all the time, changing your default outputs to the monitors

Reactions: Dodge_Viper

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
go to sound setting and ( playback) pick Speaker and ( recording) what Hear u if you get from Creative sound card ...

if you get different sound card brand name --> look for name on sound setting ..

you good to go ..

make sure download software and driver ..

Reactions: Jmonty

Who has watched this thread (Total: 3) View details