Gunney back in the saddle!

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
So, and update on what I have resolved with my blue screen 'Ah, snap. Something went wrong' problem. It was my fast CPU processor. I had just put in an 8 core 4.0 Ghz in a couple of months ago. Must have been going bad. It was the occasional BF4 crashes to desktop that prompted me to think I needed to re-install the grahics driver.

It was the failure to download the graphics card that gave me grief and cost in repair trys. Ended up making a new Windows 10 OS SSD drive and it settled down some, but the crashes got worse.

So now on my old 6 core 3.5ghz processor. All good. Went back to using my faster FURY Ram sticks and they work. The older Nvidia 950 card gives me frame rates of between 50-70 FPS. Put in my Nvidia 1070 card and getting frame rates of between 70-90 while being infantry. But the 1070 does not seem to be as smooth as the 950. But playable.

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
maybe you got few of it so who crash will find some list or one .

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
How are you sure the processor is bad? Make sure no pins are bent on the CPU or the Motherboard socket. Maybe the heatsink wasn't contacting well or providing sufficient cooling. Try running core temp or HWMonitor to confirm.
Animal, I put that fast 8 core CPU back in and I'm up and playing again. I suspect the original problem was overbloated Windows 10 files system. I have download a fresh copy of Windows a couple of months ago and just now got around to putting in that fast CPU that I had suspected as being bad.

Getting a occasional FPS drop for a couple of seconds every now and then, but watching the CPU usage does not show it throttling down from over heat. CPUID HwMonitor shows CPU temp steady at 94F degrees with a max 106F degrees recorded.

MoBo temp seems high. Maximum recorded on TMPIN0 is 125F.

Framse Per Second is still low 60-80FPS on medium while server is full. Suspect I need faster MoBo and Ram.

Reactions: Animalllllll

dutchipoo

Clan
Jul 5, 2023
Texas
Animal, I put that fast 8 core CPU back in and I'm up and playing again. I suspect the original problem was overbloated Windows 10 files system. I have download a fresh copy of Windows a couple of months ago and just now got around to putting in that fast CPU that I had suspected as being bad.

Getting a occasional FPS drop for a couple of seconds every now and then, but watching the CPU usage does not show it throttling down from over heat. CPUID HwMonitor shows CPU temp steady at 94F degrees with a max 106F degrees recorded.

MoBo temp seems high. Maximum recorded on TMPIN0 is 125F.

Framse Per Second is still low 60-80FPS on medium while server is full. Suspect I need faster MoBo and Ram.
Glad you got this working. Pain in the ass when all you want to do is game and you're having problems and can't find out the root issue, not to boot the cash it can cost in order to repair these expensive things these days.

I know you got this working, but my first suspicion was a faulty power supply, or the power supply not being adequate to run all of your hardware. Reason being is that using your old stuff was working and when you upgraded with the new parts you started having problems. Faulty or wrong power supplies can also cause random reboots and Blue Screens of Deaths as well.

Reactions: Animalllllll

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details

Who has watched this thread (Total: 1) View details