Got some Cherry Bomb shells in my eBay store

DLettuce3030

Mar 12, 2022
Olympia
Hey all, I've been making some 3d models and have come up with some nice Cherry Bomb firework shells or "Fishing Bobbers" if you will ... anyways, here's the link if you are pyrotechnically inclined. I wish I had these in RC1 to throw into the rubble at Alpha/Bravo lol. They are about the size of an egg.

DLettuce3030

Mar 12, 2022
Olympia
That's..... not how cherry bombs are even constructed. Can the 3D printed plastic even hold up to a mortar lift charge?
These are cherry bombs of the future, Dave. They would totally hold up to a lift charge. My next step is to design one with a threaded/press fit cup for the lift charge.

DLettuce3030

Mar 12, 2022
Olympia
Am I the only one smelling the scent of ATF? 🧨🧨🧨
Nah man, just check out eBay for pyrotechnic shells. If you go to the supplier websites you can legally buy fuse and other pyrotechnic chemicals for making black powder and other things. The ATF allows you to manufacture and keep up to 50 pounds of black powder. Imagine you make fireworks or legally own a cannon or black powder musket. The ATF is mostly concerned about weapons manufacturing, like making receivers and selling them without an FFL.

davepars6

Clan
Jul 21, 2021
USA
Nah man, just check out eBay for pyrotechnic shells. If you go to the supplier websites you can legally buy fuse and other pyrotechnic chemicals for making black powder and other things. The ATF allows you to manufacture and keep up to 50 pounds of black powder. Imagine you make fireworks or legally own a cannon or black powder musket. The ATF is mostly concerned about weapons manufacturing, like making receivers and selling them without an FFL.

Careful Mr. Lettice or you'll end up like skylighter.

GeneralCustardPi

Clan
Jan 31, 2022
USA
I imagine using black powder may be ok, I was thinking more on flash powder! lol

• Wow
Reactions: DLettuce3030

davepars6

Clan
Jul 21, 2021
USA
What happened to Skylighter? I see their website is still up. I talked to Mike the owner not too long ago.

After the patriot act passed many years ago the ATF cracked down hard on many Pyro suppliers and demanded all sales records and crosschecked for "bomb making materials".

A bunch of people ended up on government watch lists and needles to say alot of hobbyist weren't too happy. Some got personal visits from the ATF, it was a mess.

Haven't ever purchased from them thankfully.

• Wow
Reactions: DLettuce3030