Game stuttering

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
is like the radiator of your car, u know how it "goes", never like it "was" thing hahahhahah
Dont get me started on my radiator. After having to replace my radiator on my old Suburban I found I cound not get it to come up to proper engine temp. Replaced the thermostat twice and I'm still getting the check engine light for 'thermostat stuck open'. Purchased car back in March so maybe it had this problem before.

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
OK, so I got this GTX1070 a few years bck from a BF3 friend. He may have had issues with it before, but when I got the GPU it worked perfectly since my RAM and CPU was slower thatn his. Since I installed much faster RAM and a 4.0 mhz CPU that when I started seeing issues.

I had known before that I need the fans running faster than the card was defaulted for. Was doing that until someone mentioned I didnt need to have the extra nvidia precision X software running as the card was suppose to detect high temps. So I stopped using it.

GPU may have an issue with the termal paste now as it gets hot at 140 F. I will take it apart soon to clean and repaste per shiryu reccomendations.

Was also getting lag when ever the C drive was being activated and that paused my program also. Been seeing Microsoft Edge and EA in the upper task manager doing I dont know what. Seems I cant stop that.

Just transfered my OS to a Kingston SSD that is a little faster so that should help also.

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
My 1070 needs a good dusting and reapplication of thermal paste.

Glad you're getting it solved!

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details