Fresh Win11 Install - Mono Audio Only?

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
Hello all,

I just did a fresh Win11 install on my new machine and I'm experiencing an issue which leaves me with mono audio only through the laptop speakers.

There are 2 speakers.

Laptop= Alienware x14 r1 - i7 12700 w/ Rtx 3060 - bought open box from bestbuy w/ warranty, don't want to return over this issue, it's in great condition otherwise

Bluetooth headphones play in stereo.

I've checked, double checked, and triple checked Sound Settings, through all of the Sound menus. Correct devices are enabled and selected.

I've scanned for changes in Device Manager for all Sound components. Also checked to see if devices were operating correctly. Checked driver versions. All appears well.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek audio driver.

Stereo Mix device is enabled in Sound Devices. Along with the laptop speakers and mic array.

Win11 prompted to install Dolby audio, which I allowed. Might remove this to see if it makes a difference.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue and knows what the fix is? I've googled through more forums posts about this without finding a fix than I normally do. Whatever the issue is, is escaping me.

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
get Equalizer APO ,

impulse response if you really need it ---> https://github.com/programminghoch10/ViPER4AndroidRepackaged and unzip .
Look for " DDC and Kernel "

Kernel is for Convolver and DDC is for Vdc

i hate Realtek audio so i disconnect and add sound card on my pc

try it :)

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
Sounds to me the regular issue of Intel, u need to install the newer chipset, to avoid any suspension of any line

Reactions: Animalllllll

8bAd8

Oct 9, 2018
i forgot to tell '

Kernel is for Convolver ----> rename irs to wav at the end after .

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
Might just pop it open all the way and check connections at this point even though I don't think that is the case.

What the hell, Windows.?

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details

Who has watched this thread (Total: 2) View details