Out of all forum users, how many of you are affected by Cancer?

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
It's weird how here in Australia, all they do is throw there hands up and say, your dead once you get full blown cancer.
My dad was diagnosed last week 89 had a very interesting life, just don't get the attitude, drug em up til they die.

Anyhow how many of you are affected or family members have been affected, is it cause we are more aware that it's more known know?

• Sad
Reactions: Jmonty

Lowcountry25

Clan
Feb 17, 2019
Charleston, SC
Hey UAVKILL, very sorry to hear about your Dad. Hoping for the best for your family. My dad's mom died of stomach cancer, but she was in her 80's and had Alzheimer's so it was in some ways a blessing.

Reactions: UAVKILL

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
It's weird how here in Australia, all they do is throw there hands up and say, your dead once you get full blown cancer.
My dad was diagnosed last week 89 had a very interesting life, just don't get the attitude, drug em up til they die.

Anyhow how many of you are affected or family members have been affected, is it cause we are more aware that it's more known know?

Sorry you and your family are going through that. Cancer sucks.

Spent Saturday celebrating the life of one of my friends who passed with cancer. He was 57. 5 year battle. Left behind the love of his life that he found late in life; son and daughter in law, 3 grands and one on the way.

Vegetaa03

Clan
Feb 27, 2023
San Antonio TX
My dad has it at 65, prostate cancer has had it about 8 years.. Just about exhausted all treatments last one was radiation injections that made you go off with a giga counter or whatever it’s called. I read cancer rates will spike 77 percent by 2050 so just roll with it. I blame the nukes we tested in the Cold War and plastic. I’ll be shocked if we as a planet even get that far before we use them again in a war like manner so just let the good times roll and don’t look back.

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
Ah, Cancer has been larger the principal cause of deaths since society has been tracking deaths. Our cells just normally go bad as we age. Lost a sister in law recently to lung cancer. She was 68. That was from smoking cigarettes. Hopefully the younger generation that didnt pick up the habit will live longer.

Reactions: Dan_ and UAVKILL

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
Thanks for the kind replies, I'm just so astonished how family members respond. Wife is ok, but adopted sister wants him carted off to a palliative care unit fast.
He is 20% in pain, managed by Panadol atm.

They came and suggested start Panadol first see how it goes, then move up to the next level if pain persists after a panadol trial.

It's a ugly disease, I worked with a butcher once who passed in the end was fortunate enough to see him before he got worse, thanked him for all the help he gave me in my job. Life can be hard, but I never expected my father to be the one.

Just hope as the future does prevail and we meet again, he's staying focused for now, but the negative people I'm keeping away from him.

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
My dad has it at 65, prostate cancer has had it about 8 years.. Just about exhausted all treatments last one was radiation injections that made you go off with a giga counter or whatever it’s called. I read cancer rates will spike 77 percent by 2050 so just roll with it. I blame the nukes we tested in the Cold War and plastic. I’ll be shocked if we as a planet even get that far before we use them again in a war like manner so just let the good times roll and don’t look back.

The weird part my journey started with atrial fibrillation, then a lump in my leg. Then prostatitis, for which i believe now was a long term affect of
reflux medication, they hand out like lollies here in Australia.

I'm now resolved prostatitis, they never believed me just criticized me, I believe we need more knowledge on what it is and how it affects males.

Only picked up on it and the way the reflux tablet is affecting dad now, is exactly how it affected me. My PSA was higher than average, then the so called professional said don't come back unless it's over a higher level.

No, I will research the crap out of the tablets I'm taking to understand it, now this has presented it's self as a clear possibility. The amount of research you need to
do to understand what's going on with your body, I really believe the term "Dr Goggle" is necessary to a degree, if your reading the American Medicine Journals like the Doctors are supposed to do.

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
Sorry you and your family are going through that. Cancer sucks.

Spent Saturday celebrating the life of one of my friends who passed with cancer. He was 57. 5 year battle. Left behind the love of his life that he found late in life; son and daughter in law, 3 grands and one on the way.
Yeah that's way to young.

See Politicians get pay rises for all the work they don't do, yet many diseases still run rampant.

Just annoys me.

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
Hey UAVKILL, very sorry to hear about your Dad. Hoping for the best for your family. My dad's mom died of stomach cancer, but she was in her 80's and had Alzheimer's so it was in some ways a blessing.

Same, Cancer killed as follows this is my tree.

My mother's Mum, died Old Age.
My mum Breast Cancer both removed still alive 87
My mums sister's still alive

My Dad's mum stomach cancer
My Dad's older sister, cancer via lungs cigerettes
My Dad's youngest sister died renal cancer detected late, died within months,
My Dad's other sister just gave up on herself and life died like 75....

I just hope he makes his 90 and that's a fair score.

So my suggestion at 49 keep an eye on it my friend, it's like the early days when they had Grim Reaper on TV.

Reactions: Clubfoot1

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
Cancer sucks. No, you're not necessarily dead when it's found. It's good to go to the doctor for regular checkups and mention symptoms, even if it feels silly.

Keeping a positive attitude helps a lot. Gotta want to win.

If you don't think your doctor is giving you the best care, find a different doctor. It's good to listen to what you're being told about the diagnosis and plans for treatment. Also good to read up on it. Make sure to read everything you can about treatment of whatever the specific cancer is. Newer publications from legitimate sources are a good place to start. .org not .com

If you're in the states and your medical insurance is holding you back from treatment, get involved and get your doctor(s) involved. Writing appeal letters works. Might work in other countries, too..?

You have to advocate for yourself if you're the one diagnosed. Perfect time to bitch.

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
So I tried asking questions to the doctor and she just re-iterated back to past medical history then summarized that it's not in his best interest as he has nodules already inflamed in his abdomen. Dumping reflux medication was a no............. Ok then, I then thought maybe worry about me, never give your full hands into there opinion, let your opinion always count, we are in the day and age of knowledge.
Sorry your right Digital, Advocate can only be done by you in any situation, my point was the reflux drugs have been known to do this, linked to many medical journals. I stopped it, he created his path, now I need to create mine.

Been hard playing bf4 lately, just sits in the back of your head. Thanks for all your posts, helps understand and posting here clear the head.

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
So I tried asking questions to the doctor and she just re-iterated back to past medical history then summarized that it's not in his best interest as he has nodules already inflamed in his abdomen. Dumping reflux medication was a no............. Ok then, I then thought maybe worry about me, never give your full hands into there opinion, let your opinion always count, we are in the day and age of knowledge.
Sorry your right Digital, Advocate can only be done by you in any situation, my point was the reflux drugs have been known to do this, linked to many medical journals. I stopped it, he created his path, now I need to create mine.

Been hard playing bf4 lately, just sits in the back of your head. Thanks for all your posts, helps understand and posting here clear the head.
Take a moment, go walk, clean mind, stop judgement, breath

That answer is right there, trust

UAVKILL

Jan 19, 2019
Today 03/03/24 1.59pm he left this world.

Thanks for your replies. It was a harrowing last 2 days, but he is at peace.

I will just get rest. Won't push myself.

Weirdest experience is death but it is so true.

I will return shortly. Thanks Aarp your damn good server.

Jan 28, 2024
Savannah
It is up and down my family tree. So far I am staying ahead of it with frequent doctor visits and sometimes me and mister scrapple having some time together.