Need help with mp4 files

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I have a weird issue that I'm not sure how to google.
Basically, I have some .mp4 files of gameplay I recorded with Radeon Relive. I can play those files in MPC-BE without issue.
However, when I use Windows Photos & TV, Windows Video Editor, Windows Media Player, and even DaVinci Resolve, there is no audio track.
Any help would be appreciated.

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
My video files I save are in MP4 format and I have audio playing it in Windows 10. Did you turn off your mic in the GeForce settings?

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
My video files I save are in MP4 format and I have audio playing it in Windows 10. Did you turn off your mic in the GeForce settings?
All of my other mp4 files play regularly. It's only these ones that only play normally when using MPC-BE. I have an AMD card so I use Radeon Software rather than GeForce, and I do have my mic disabled on that.

D-Day557

Feb 26, 2022
usa
I have a weird issue that I'm not sure how to google.
Basically, I have some .mp4 files of gameplay I recorded with Radeon Relive. I can play those files in MPC-BE without issue.
However, when I use Windows Photos & TV, Windows Video Editor, Windows Media Player, and even DaVinci Resolve, there is no audio track.
Any help would be appreciated.
I use Radeon relive too, I just checked my mp4 files and before 11/12/22 I have sound on the mp4 files. But files recorded 11/12/22 and beyond don't have sound. I know I was having amd video driver issues and I updated to the latest and greatest. No more video card crashing but this must be another bug.

D-Day557

Feb 26, 2022
usa
I use Radeon relive too, I just checked my mp4 files and before 11/12/22 I have sound on the mp4 files. But files recorded 11/12/22 and beyond don't have sound. I know I was having amd video driver issues and I updated to the latest and greatest. No more video card crashing but this must be another bug.
I did another amd adrenalin update and the sound issue is fixed now. My new recordings have sound.

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Could be onto something, there is a new driver released so I can try updating to it. But the really weird thing is that there is sound, but only when I use MPC-BE. Everything else seems to not have it. The video file properties also show it has sound.

Seabee_Mech

Clan
May 14, 2022
Ohio, south of Canada.
To cover all the bases, if I had a problem like that and I have, I just removed the video card, uninstall all the drivers and reload.

My MOBO is video capable without a GPU card to make sure that all the GPU files are gone and keeps windows 10 from trying to install their version before I need it.

I have eliminated a lot of problems by going back to the basics.

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I don't think that would help for the files I already recorded. It's just the oddest thing that they have audio for one program, but don't have it for video editing software.

Seabee_Mech

Clan
May 14, 2022
Ohio, south of Canada.
I had weird shit happen with my GPU and system sound. I usually roll back my GPU software 3 updates ago, then go from there.

When I have problems, I don't rule anything out even if I know it wouldn't work, you never know.

If it all fails, attach a braille video to the game video and you can be the sound.

Reactions: Digital Lode

Seabee_Mech

Clan
May 14, 2022
Ohio, south of Canada.
I think there is a misunderstanding, the UCAV is a poor man's E-card from BF4 “F” gift shop to express my joy. I guess you felt my joy on multiple occasions.

On the brighter side, it does come with a free copy of "The Bridges of Madison County”. VHS only.

Reactions: Digital Lode

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
I've had similar issues with other programs. Usually it is because the audio codec isn't supported by the video player/editor.

Other times, the correct audio device wasn't selected in the recording program.

And other times were because windows audio drivers were designed to torture people.

You might be able to run the MP4 through Handbrake and change the audio codec while doing so. Hopefully this would make audio available on either of your video editors.

Reactions: Dan_

Dan_

Clan Member
Clan
Jan 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I've had similar issues with other programs. Usually it is because the audio codec isn't supported by the video player/editor.

Other times, the correct audio device wasn't selected in the recording program.

And other times were because windows audio drivers were designed to torture people.

You might be able to run the MP4 through Handbrake and change the audio codec while doing so. Hopefully this would make audio available on either of your video editors.
I'll take a look into that, thank you.

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
Almost a year later and I found out the issue. Radeon Relive was setting the auto channels to automatic, which was setting it to 7.1. After forcing it to stereo, I have sound again.

I'm glad you got it figured out. That is a long time to have an audio issue.

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details