Growing old you get wiser but also sometimes stupider

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
You all know as we get older we understand life more than when we were young and opinionated. I know now why things are the way they are and how to not get in trouble. But sometimes doing stupid stuff comes with poor memory.

Couple of years ago I had to pay a bill via the post office. I had forgotten to put a stamp on it and ask the cleak for one stamp. She tore one off and handed it to me. Went to the Foryer in preparations to insert the enevelope in the mail slot, but could not get the stamp to adhere to the envelope. Went back to talk to clerk.

"Hey, this stamp wont stick to the envelope! I licked the devil out of it and and just wont stick."

"Sir, we stopped selling those types years ago. you need to take the paper off the back of the stamp."

"sigh"

And then a month later I was at the same Post Office dropping of a batch of bills. Left in my car and turned right on main street and got in line of cars.

Waited ..... no movement and cars were passing me on the left side. I looked at car ahead of me and saw no driver. I was in the lane of parked cars!

"sigh"

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
You all know as we get older ......

"sigh"
Look At You Star Trek GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: OldGunney

Who has watched this thread (Total: 1) View details